As you head into your last few weeks of pregnancy and you can’t wait to finally meet your little bundle of joy, you now have to get your hospital bag packed. Many questions run through your mind: what will I need for myself and for baby? Here you will find a list of must have items but also the things that you won’t be needing.Don’t do these mistake when packing your hospital bag.
Remember to have everything ready to go when you’re 8 months pregnant, considering that you could go into labor at any time in the weeks before your due date.
What Not To Bring
- Your Jewelry;
- Lots of cash or other valuables;
- No Toiletries for baby the hospital typically will provide it;
- Diapers. The hospital will provide diapers for your baby while you’re there.They might even let you take some home.
- A breast pump. If for any reason you need a one, the hospital can provide one.
- Formula if you choose not to breastfeed
Must have items for Mom
- A picture ID
- Your insurance card,
- Any hospital paperworkyou need
- A birth plan if you have one
- Eyeglasses, if you wear them.
- A bathrobe, 2 nightgown, slippers, and socks. Loose fitting, sleeveless, short or loose sleeves gown (s).
- Anything that can help you relax. your own pillow, music, ipad, book.
- Your phone (duh) and if using the hospital phone bring change/ prepaid card.
- A camera, or video camera
- Your phone charger and camera/ video camera charger
- Money (or a credit card)for parking and change for vending machines
- Toiletries (including menstrual pads)
- Several pairs of maternity underpants or as they call it grandma’s underwear
- Nursing bras and breast pads
Must Have Items For Baby
- An installed rear facing car seat;
- A going-home outfit that has legs, includes socks or booties;
- 2 pjs/ hat and gloves;
- And a receiving blanket.